Monday 7 May 2007

Lab : Experiment 1

I just got my payslip today. Because i started working on the 3rd week of April, it means i only get half a months of salary. My full salary is 650 euros so half of it is 325 euros, OK. On top of that i have to pay social security and insurance that amounts to 59.94 euros, round it up its 60 euros. so now I'm left with 265 euros. Then, I have to pay rent that amounts 203euros, which leaves me with 62 euros nett for the month!!! Luckily i have foreseen this, but i think i haven't been efficient enough in my last months budget so i was left with around 100 euros at the beginning of the month which quickly shrunk to 50 euros this week. hmm...which leaves me with 112 euros for the rest of the month.. :-P

I emailed Yukiko the other day and i mentioned about this matter to her and she came up with a brilliant solution that i really didn't expect coming from her. she told me to fast like the ramadan month. I can believe she remembers about Ramadan let alone how to spell Ramadan (BTW ramadan is actually spelled Ramadhan but its close enough). But there is one flaw in this plan. If u read my earlier post about prayer time, fasting begins from fajr (subuh) till Maghrib. If u have passed standard 1 math, and i assume u have, u will notice that this will mean a more than 17 hour fasting time compared to the normal 13 hour fasting time in Malaysia.

However, I'm determined to run this experiment for the rest of the week and if its feasible ill continue till the end of the month. My opinion is, if the locals can do it why not me? So the experiment will commence tomorrow. Experiment codename : Ramadhan.
The hypothesis for this experiment is as follows :

Hypothesis 0 : Subject fasts a whole workday without much problem.
Hypothesis 1 : Subject fasts half way and cannot stand it , thus breaking fast.

Observation will be noted after 13 hours of fasting each day and after break fast. Results will be published on Sunday.

Tchuss...

2 comments:

The Who said...

teruskan usaha!!!!!!!

takleh nak cakap apa2 pasal ni hahaah

Muhaimin Zamri said...

haha, well, aku selalu mengalami kegawatan ekonomi masa belajar dulu, do lebih kurang sama situasi lah ni. Cuma mungkin tahap kesusahan yang berbeza..hehe :P