Monday 7 May 2007

What a small world...

Last Monday night i had a trainee dinner and country presentation with the AIESECers in Mannheim. Maybe i told before, maybe not, the aiesec office is almost like an apartment so there is a kitchen, stove, cooking tools and stuff, so we had the dinner in the AIESEC office. I cooked Tom Yam, for the second time in Germany. As you all know Tom Yam is spicy and when i was cooking they saw me cut up some chillies. The guys were like, "we want more chillies!" and the girls ere like "Please, enough, enough!" so i just put in 6 chillies which turned out not enough. Like, before, i told it was supposed to be eaten as a soup, despite that, it was not challenging enough for most of the guys. the girls faces were like all red and smoke coming out from their ears. haha. I should have put more chillies......

I also cooked a bit of Kurma ayam. this was not meant to be spicy so most of them really liked it. But sadly the rice finished too quickly since my Chinese colleague also was cooking and he finished first, so most of the rice was eaten with his cooking. yet, everybody couldn't have enough of it. they liked Malaysian food (even when its not the best cooking :P). Especially the LCPs GF Stefanie who had a traineeship in Indonesia and also went to Malaysia to travel and eat good food:) By the way the LCPs name is Florian, people call him Flo, but i like to call him Spiderman because at the first glance u will think he is Peter Parker (spiderman) hahaha.

The best part came during the country presentation. I was so not prepared, but its really a good thing that Tourism Malaysia have these video clips on their website so i used the with full efficiency. haha. I also had some pictures of Malaysia that a brought in my laptop and there was this picture of Eva in it and one of the AIESECers said "stop!! go back one step....is that Eva???" Wow!!! I didn't even see that coming...it turned out that one of the AIESECers had in internship with Eva in Ecuador for 10 months. They were teaching English in a school there. What a small world. What a pleasent suprise. later on we talked more about Eva. She told me Eva was now studying in Belgium for her masters. Belgium close to Germany...hmmmm...

For those who don't know who the heck I'm talking about, Eva was our CEEDer from Slovakia a couple of years ago. She's a tough, independent and outgoing girl and from my opinion, one of the most adventurous persons i have ever known.

Well, I wonder what other supprises await me around the corner.....

Tchuss

2 comments:

The Who said...

letak ler gambar eva kat sini eh....

aku nak tengok jugak.

Muhaimin Zamri said...

Gamber eva masa kat Malaysia dulu.... yang baru takde pulak :P