Saturday 7 July 2007

Time shift

One thing I really noticed since i first came here is how time moves slowly when I sleeping. What I mean is, usually back home in Malaysia when we sleep 8 hours always feels like 10 minutes. There is always not enough sleep time and its always hard to wake up. But the strange thing here is no matter what time i sleep here its always not a big problem to wake up at 7.30am or 8am and on weekends, no matter how late i sleep i always automatically wake up around 9am. For example this morning i slept at 3.20am and when i slept it felt like forever. Each time i wake up i usually guess what time is it, so this time i guessed the time was 10.30 or 11am. to my surprise it was only 8.50am, and i felt i had overslept. So, having known the time, i force myself back to sleep and woke up at 10.30am, just in time to go for a hair cut. However during work, time moves normally. it's just when i sleep the time slows down. Strange huh?

This was the first time i went for a hair cut in Germany since 3 months ago. It took some time to find a shop that was cheap and had a short queue, but soon we found a shop with a balance between both. It was funny since my friend and I don't speak good Deutsch. I could understand a little but my friend even refused to learn :P but basically i knew what they were asking and i tried to answer accordingly. You see, when u live in a non english speaking country u get better in reading body language to understand what people are trying to say to you. Of course the important everyday used words are important, but since german classes are way beyond our budget and there where no courses in the university since it was the end of the semester, I tried to make good use of what i have....the internet. However, its really hard to get myself disciplined to spend a few hours in front of the computer to study German on the internet. Its just that i dont really like studying indoors... Im a bit claustrophobic. also there are many distractions such as MSN and youtube. So....again i resort to giving excuses...hehe..this is not good...Das ist nicht gud..

Tchuss

No comments: