Wednesday 11 July 2007

Top 10 list - Ep. 5

Top 10 things I think will be a problem for me when I get back to Malaysia

  1. Looking towards the "right" direction before crossing the road. Here in Germany, the "right" direction will get you killed because cars come from the left.
  2. Crossing the road itself will be a bit challenging in Malaysia. Here, pedestrians have the highest priority on the road, so if there are people crossing the road, drivers must stop and let the person cross.
  3. Drinking plane water from a cup. I have a habit of drinking water straight from the bottle.
  4. Driving. I'm so used to walking, cycling and taking public transport. Plus, my driving license has expired and maybe I'm blacklisted for not paying summons.
  5. Manglish. Manglish is almost deleted from my vocabulary.
  6. Long Khutbah during Friday prayers.
  7. Re-adjusting my open-mindedness to reintegrate with Malaysian society, including my new habit of planing way in advance and perfectionism that i pick up here.
  8. New Phone number. My previous phone number has been terminated.
  9. Someone packing my groceries for me when i shop in the super market. We pack stuff ourselves here....they don't even give plastic bags, if you want, bring it yourself from home or buy one at the counter, but pack your stuff yourself. Cashier says, "I'm not paid to do that for you"
  10. Punctuality of public transport. As you know our public transport timing is very "flexible"
.:: Top 10 List - Out every now and then ::.

No comments: